The programme of support, which will run for up to nine months, is not designed to teach you how to be creative but to provide you with the non-creative skills to help you be successful. And because we know that every creative path is unique, the programme is designed and directed by you.
We will work with you to create a personal development plan. This could include:
• Business and project planning
• Financial management
• Marketing, promotion and effective use of social media
• Writing a CV
• Funding and grant applications
• Networking skills and events
• Connection with a mentor or opportunities for work experience
The programme can be delivered one-to one or in a workshop with a group of like-minded people, or most likely a combination of the above.
1. Firstly, we need to determine your eligibility (see criteria and registration form)
2. Once that is established, we will be in touch to set up an initial meeting. The purpose of this meeting will be to:
3. We will then work with you for up to nine months to help you as you work through your Personal Development Plan. We will regularly review your progress and refine your actions to ensure you are on track to achieve your creative goals.
4. Before you complete the programme, we will develop an Exit Plan together. This is to identify what level of post-programme guidance you might need to give the best possible chance of success. We can provide a lower level of support for up to three months following conclusion of your bespoke Art/Work Programme.
Art/Work is open to people from any creative discipline who have either:
You may be an established creative looking for work or wanting to make the move to be self-employed. Your income may have been affected by Covid-19 and you are looking to or have applied to go on a jobseeker benefit.
Examples of the creative sector you may be involved in:
• Creative and motivated
• Living in the Nelson Region including Golden Bay
• Have a recognised creative qualification or relevant experience in a creative field
• Aged between 18-64 years
Art/Work is supported by the Ministry of Social Development and delivered by the Nelson Tasman Chamber of Commerce.
© Copyright 2021 Art/Work. Built by The Marketing Studio. Powered by Airsquare.